So you have decided to launch an e-commerce store? If done correctly, this will likely prove to be a smart decision. As more and more consumers do their shopping online, e-commerce continues to grow and provide opportunities for entrepreneurs. However, with the expanding market, there is also an attendant increase in the number of competitors across almost every niche. In addition to this, customers have become increasingly savvy and have very high expectations.

A lot of businesses fall into the trap of thinking that an attractive website is all that is needed to launch an online business. Design is certainly a critical factor, but there is a lot more to running a successful e-commerce website. This is why it is generally not advisable for any non-technical persons to attempt to build their e-commerce website by themselves.

However, whether you hire an e-commerce agency or go it alone, here are some of the key deliverables that should be considered. This is an inexhaustive list of factors that will be crucial to the success of your new enterprise:

  1. SEO

So you have your brand new website, filled with great products on offer at competitive prices. You should start raking in the revenue any day from now, except there’s only one small matter to deal with: finding paying customers. Alongside other marketing techniques, good SEO is integral to any online business, and particularly so for an e-commerce store.

Statistics show that the first page of Google search results attracts as much as 70-92% of all click-throughs, leaving a paltry 30-8% to be split between thousands of websites in some cases. If your e-commerce store does not rank well for relevant items, you might as well close up shop.

  1. Responsiveness

Increasingly, consumers are doing their shopping on their mobile devices. By optimising your website for mobile users, you will improve your chances of making sales. Additionally, Google and other search engines reward responsive websites with better rankings.

  1. Security

Few things can ruin the reputation of an e-commerce website like security breaches. When these happen, not only will you lose custom, but you may find yourself exposed to potentially damaging lawsuits. An investment in reliable cybersecurity will pay off long-term, but it can be expensive. One way a lot of e-commerce entrepreneurs get around a challenge like this, however, is by hiring e-commerce experts like Magecloud.agency who know great security techniques to use when setting up your e-commerce site.

  1. E-commerce features

A well-developed e-commerce store will offer a host of features designed to either improve user-experience or optimize conversions. For example, Magento’s e-commerce system promotes associated products as upsells or cross-sells, leading to larger cart sizes and more revenue for store owners.

Key Takeaway

There are several factors to consider in the process of launching a new e-commerce website. Many of these are highly technical and out of reach for the average business owner. To improve your chances of success, invest in working with the right e-commerce agency, and you will likely save a lot more resources in the long-term while making a more considerable income.


Your Advert Here!
Enquire about having your advert here.

Your Advert Here!
Enquire about having your advert here.

Your Advert Here!
Enquire about having your advert here.