THE CANNON ON THE GREEN ELY

walsingham house, ely

THE CANNON ON THE GREEN OUTSIDE ELY CATHEDRAL

Was captured from the Russians in Sebastopol and given to Ely City by Queen Victoria in 1860 after the Crimean War. Her gift was in recognition of the successful formation of the Ely Rifle Volunteers.

Back to Ely Town Trail - Back to Home Page